At Oxford St Medical Centre, we pride ourselves in staying up to date with the latest Immunisation Schedule and recommendations. You can too by regularly checking this web page for information, and making an appointment to speak with one of our GPs.
National Immunisation Program – Queensland Schedule
NIP – QLD schedule has been up dated on the 1 July 2018.
- From 1 July 2018, all children presenting for their 12 month vaccinations will receive a funded dose of Meningococcal ACWY vaccine
- No funded catch-up for Meningococcal ACWY is provided through the NIP for children who have already received Meningococcal C
- A child’s fourth and final Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination will be provided at 18 months of age.
Catch Up Expanded
From 1 July 2017 all 10 – 19 year olds are eligible for FREE catch-up vaccines through their GP.
- Diptheria – Tetanus – Pertussis,
- Measles – Mumps – Rubella,
- Hep B,
- Meningococcal ACWY
Vaccination for Meningococcal B can be purchased privately with a prescription from your GP. We strongly recommend Meningococcal B vaccination for all children and those medically at risk.
For more information on Meningococcal B vaccination, CLICK HERE .
Annual vaccination is the most important measure to prevent influenza and its complications and is recommended for any person ≥6 months of age.
The influenza virus strains included in the 2018 influenza vaccines are:
Flu vax is FREE through your GP in 2018 for the following groups:
- All persons aged ≥65 years
- All children ≥6 months and less than 5 years
- Persons aged ≥6 months who have certain medical conditions including: severe asthma, lung or heart disease, neurological conditions, low immunity, renal disease or diabetes.
- Pregnant women
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children aged 6 months to <5 years and aged ≥15 years
Flu Vax can also be purchased privately from Oxford Street Medical Centre, or from your local Pharmacy with a prescription and administered by one of our nurses.
Nurse and GP run Flu Vaccine Clinics are available on Select Saturdays during Flu Season. Phone for available times and appointments.